Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vegetarian Plus Vegan Orange Chicken

I'm such a Chinese food lover and was excited when I got home to try this out for lunch today. Vegetarian Plus Vegan Orange Chicken made me wish to stop by Panda Express after trying this. Blah! I poured the contents onto a plate and I notice it was mostly sauce with little bits of the "chicken" and had bits of orange peel mixed in. The meat was really rubbery and chewy reminding me of the time I had escargot. The sauce had a lot of orange taste instead of the subtle hints of orange I'm used to at Chinese restaurants. After swallowing it down I noticed a really bad after taste to it that made me stop after two bites.

I suggest getting a bottle of orange sauce by Panda Express from the grocery store or making your own and pour it onto some sautéed and breaded Gardein meat for a better orange chicken.

Serving size – 2.5 oz., Servings per package – about 4, Calories per serving – 140, Total fat – 7g (2.5g saturated, 0g trans fat), Total carbohydrate – 10g, Protein – 9g

No comments:

Post a Comment