Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Asthma and Allergies

I have had asthma since I could remember. There have been many hospital visits thanks to my asthma and lots of sleepless nights. I never really thought what I was eating would be causing me to have trouble breathing. I gave up on milk products for the past 3 weeks and I have noticed when I'm singing in the car to the radio that my voice isn't crackly (that's a first). The true test will be around December when I usually have an asthma attack.

Here are some facts everyone should know:
"Dairy products may play a major role in the development of allergies, asthma, sleep difficulties, and migraine headaches."Israel Journal of Medical Sciences

Eighty percent of milk protein is CASEIN, the same glue used to hold together wood in furniture. Casein is also the glue used to affix a label to a bottle of beer. Eat casein and you produce histamines. Histamines result in mucus. Mucus makes breathing difficult. Thousands of children die, primarily African-Americans. Many deaths are misdiagnosed, called congestive heart failure.



"In reality, cow's milk, especially processed cow's milk, has been linked to a variety of health problems, including: mucous production...and allergies."Townsend Medical Letter, May, 1995, Julie Klotter, MD



"At least 50% of all children in the United States are allergic to cow's milk, many undiagnosed. Dairy products are the leading cause of food allergy...Many cases of asthma and sinus infections are reported to be relieved and even eliminated by cutting out dairy." Natural Health, July, 1994, Nathaniel Mead, MD



For more information:

http://www.notmilk.com/

http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html

1 comment:

  1. It's true what u say about casein and asthma. I was diagnosed with protein intolerance ( intolerance to gluten and casein protein) and have been living on a gluten & casein free diet for the last year, and my asthma is much better!

    ReplyDelete