Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Reactions I've Been Getting



It's amazing all of the support I've gotten while trying to eat like a vegan. I've been getting a lot of emails from people asking for more information and from people who say they're going to give it a try.

I've also gotten bad reactions from people as well. It's as though I'm threatening them and/or judging them by not eating meat and dairy. I really do not care that other people eat meat and dairy. I think people should do what is best for them.

I found that saying I'm staying away from meat and dairy gets a better reaction instead of saying I'm trying to eat like a vegan. I even tell the pizza delivery guy I'm lactose intolerant so he is more understanding why I order my pizza without cheese. It's better than explaining that I'm trying to eat vegan because a lot of people don't even know what a vegan is.

I hope people know that I'm not a vegan.......I just try to eat like a vegan for a majority of my meals. I will still have the occasional bit of sushi or possibly a bit of whole wheat bread that might have an egg in it. I have my food slip-ups and I own some animal products so I wouldn't be considered a vegan.

I am staying mainly on a plant-based diet because I feel better than ever before, I haven't had any mood swings or depression, and I'm losing weight even without exercise (I should really start up exercising soon). I weighed myself last week and I'm down to 129lbs. I wasn't even that weight in high school! My husband, who is just eating a plant-based diet on weekdays, has been losing a noticeable amount of weight and is looking much healthier.

I hope that everyone reading my blog does what's best for them and that makes them feel their best. For me.....it's staying as much as possible on a plant-based diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment