Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Ultimate Chicken Swap!!!!!

It might look like chicken, but it's not chicken! A coworker of mine told me about Whole Foods having an amazing "chicken" that wasn't chicken. I went to Whole Foods and they have a section where there are already prepared foods. I asked them for their Gardein chicken for Vegans and bought two of the rosemary flavored pieces. It was about $4.50 for the two cuts.

My husband made the gardein for us during my lunch break. He heated it up in the pan with some diced garlic and Earth Balance butter. He sauteed some spinach, bell peppers, garlic, and corn with some coconut oil and it was very yummy. He said a little goes a long way with the coconut oil so start off a little at a time. The whole wheat roll is homemade by my best friend's mom. I heated the rolls up in the microwave and spread on some Earth Balance butter. When cutting up the Gardein I noticed even the Gardein looked like chicken on the inside. AMAZING! This Gardein was the ultimate chicken swap!!!!
They have some made daily, but you can call ahead at Whole Foods and ask for their already prepared food section if you want a certain flavor. They offer chicken or beef and have the following flavors available: Plain, garlic, rosemary, BBQ in a dry rub form instead of sauce, and carbonera (medium spicy Tex Mex flavor)
This is the best "chicken" I've tried so far! Mmm Mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment