Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nate's Savory Mushroom Meatless Meatballs























My husband got Nate's meatless meatballs from Trader Joe's and wanted to try them out. I cheated and cooked them in the microwave for a minute and added them to my spaghetti. To sneak in some veggies in the spaghetti I sauteed some chopped onions, zucchini, asparagus, and cabbage. It's a good way to get my husband to eat his veggies ;-)

He hates mushrooms, but loved these meatballs. They were seasoned just enough and when you look inside them they looked like they were made of real meat. I didn't see any mushrooms inside. I had to double check the bag to make sure they were meatless. They were a bit on the soft side, but that's because I microwaved them. I recommend cooking them on the stove to give the outside of the meatball more of a tougher texture.

These would be super yummy as an appetizer for a party! I can imagine cooking them on the stove and transferring them to a crockpot with some BBQ sauce or some sweet n' sour sauce. Nobody would be able to tell they're meatless.

There's also original flavor and zesty Italian I need to try out.

3 Meatballs per serving, Calories 100, Fat 4.5g, Carbs 6g, Protein 8g, Iron 10%, Calcium 4%

No comments:

Post a Comment