Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chef Tal Ronnen on Ellen Show Cooking Meatless Stew


I was experimenting making stew yesterday in a slow cooker and it turned out surprisingly good. I forgot to take a picture, but it was yummy! I've never made a stew so I just put a bunch of random things in the slow cooker. I used a vegetarian brown gravy powder packet (adds beefy flavor), tamari (soy sauce), nutritional yeast (adds cheesy flavor), sage, onion powder, pepper, garlic powder, vegan Worcestershire sauce, veggie broth, homemade seitan, and some vegetables (shallots, garlic, carrots, yellow onion, white onion, and potatoes). I think next time I'll add some celery and some sweet potatoes.

I was able to find this video that shows how to make your own meatless hearty stew using some Gardein beef. This stew looked so yummy that I had to share it. There are also tons of vegan stew recipes online that anybody can try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment