Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

What I Eat

I've been getting emails from people asking me what I eat on a daily basis.  Well, I try to eat many different fruits and vegetables throughout the week as much as possible.  I'm starting to get even more creative with my cooking to get in my veggies.  I notice the best results with my body by eating small meals every two hours.  This took me a good 6 months to get my body used to my new eating style.    

For breakfast I usually have oatmeal with some truvia or agave (natural sweetners) or a bowl of healthy granola cereal (I look for the one with the least amount of sugar) with almond milk on weekdays because of not having much time.  On weekends I can make french toast, cinnamon rolls, tofu scramble, cinnamon toast with earth balance butter, etc.  I got an idea from Kris Carr who stars in the documentary, "Crazy Sexy Cancer."  She healed herself from stage 4 cancer.....the cancer that has a 100% death rate.  She does juicing for her morning meal consisting of cucumber, spinach, collard greens, and adding a different fruit for sweetness.  I want to start doing this hopefully next week.  We'll see.   

For snacks I keep it simple with some brown rice, a vegetable (broccoli, brussel sprouts, anything dark green), beans, and different sauces on top.  I sometimes make it taste Mexican by adding salsa and guacamole instead of a sauce.  I sometimes have chili with my rice and veggies too.  The best is when you make a teriyaki sauce at home and use it throughout the week.  I've also seen some YouTube videos of people on the raw diet making awesome healthy sauces to add to dishes.  Look on YouTube under "raw sauces" and a bunch will pop up.  It's best not to add sugar to your sauces.

For lunches and dinner I try to have half of my meal be full of vegetables.  There are tons of recipes online to try out.  My favorite are the cheesy enchiladas, but there are so many dishes I still want to try out.  I love using seitan, gardein, etc. in my dishes.  You can find some at Whole Foods or some Ralph's Fresh Fare locations.   

I also love to eat out.  It depends where we eat for what I end up ordering.  For Chinese I like to order the vegetarian soup, garlic sauteed mixed veggies, and a side of brown rice...sometimes I get the tofu dishes.  For Mexican I can order pretty much anything and ask for no meat, no cheese, and no sour cream.  For Japanese I get the asparagus avocado roll with brown rice, some miso soup, and sometimes there's other ordering options I try out.  For pizza I love to get mine thin crust with olives, garlic, and pineapple with no cheese.  You get tons more toppings by ordering it with no cheese.  For Italian I like marinara with spaghetti and you can sometimes get a side of veggies you can mix in.  There are many choices out there and sometimes I just have to be creative with ordering.  I can even find vegan foods at a steakhouse!

As you can see......I have plenty of food to select from and I'm never starving myself.  I still eat my dessert everyday and not worry about gaining weight.  Even fruit is tasting so amazing as a dessert since my taste buds are finally awake now.  I love it!     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment