Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

My friend gave me a recipe she wanted me to try out to see if they would taste like a regular cookie. I gave it a try after we ran out of the vegan chocolate chip cookies from Trader Joe's. The first batch came out crunchy, flat, and over baked. I lowered the temperature in the recipe, lowered the baking time, and put the dough in the fridge 30minutes before trying it again with the second batch. They came out absolutely delicious!!!! Nobody would ever know they were non-dairy and egg-free. I'm keeping this recipe forever! The best part was I didn't have to worry about salmonella......I can eat the dough worry free.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup Earth Balance Butter (softened....must be room temperature)
  • 2 Tbs. soy milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 Tbs. Toffuti cream cheese
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole grain wheat pastry flour)
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't use this in the recipe)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (the recipe said 375 which is too hot).
  2. Beat the brown sugar, softened Earth Balance butter, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
  3. Then add cream cheese and beat it in.
  4. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl.
  5. Combine the powdered mix and the liquid mix together until all are mixed together.
  6. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts with spoon.
  7. I suggest putting the cookie batter in the fridge from 30 minutes to an hour before baking. It helps the cookies stay thick and yummy.
  8. Drop rounded tablespoonsful on ungreased baking sheet (I made my cookies into more like 2-3 tablespoonsful)
  9. Bake for 10 min. Be sure to check on your cookies before the 10 minute mark to see their progress. Some ovens bake cookies faster than others.
  10. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on backing sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment