Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

My Vegan Christmas

Getting together with the family is always a fun time, but when you start changing your eating it becomes tricky.  Usually there's not much for vegans to eat at family affairs and you try to either eat before or eat after or try picking at the non-animal foods.  I didn't have to worry about food this Christmas season thanks to my cousins.  They told my aunt and uncle how I've been eating differently and they were so accommodating.  They made potato salad, but they left some on the side for my husband and me that didn't have egg or mayo.  They also had some amazingly yummy baked beans with chunks of onion.  I was so amazed at the support I got from them and felt so loved.  Turns out one of my cousins is thinking about trying to eat like a vegan too!  That's just amazing to me!  It's just a wonderful feeling when family is so supportive.  If you have family members that aren't so supportive, then you should try eating before going to visit or bring your own dish to contribute.....just make sure it's yummy to show your family that vegan foods can have lots of flavor. 

Happy Holidays!!!!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment