Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

2 Month Update


I'm amazed it's already been 2 months on a plant-based diet.  I haven't been able to weigh myself recently, but last time I was able to weigh myself I lost 10 pounds and this is with no exercise.  I was still having my dessert everyday and I still lost.  I'm way too happy. 

Some things I have noticed the past few months......

I have been saving a lot more money on groceries and when my husband and I eat out.  Meat and dairy added up and going for more fresh vegetables and fruits is cheaper.  We still have a cheaper bill even when buying the organic fruits and veggies.  Yay for non-genetically modified and no pesticides in our food! 

When I get less sleep than I'd like I'm not as affected as I would've been while I was eating meat and dairy.  I am able to sleep heavier and get more rest in shorter amount of time.  My husband and I would need naps during our weekends, but since we changed our eating habits we haven't needed a nap.  Our naps used to be a good 2-4 hours.......what a waste of the weekend. 

I used to get really stressed at work and would have to take vitamins to try to control my adrenaline.  I don't need those stress pills anymore.

The best part is that even without exercise my husband and I have been losing weight.  My hope is to start exercising next week to start getting toned.  We'll see.

My asthma was under control for the month of December!  I know this is from having no dairy because I've had asthma problems every December and this is the first time I didn't struggle to breathe.  I had little coughs here and there, but it's nothing compared to what it used to be. 

I love meat, but I will continue to eat vegan because of all the benefits I've experienced so far.  It's so worth it to feel and look healthier.   

No comments:

Post a Comment