Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Tofurky Beer Brats

During my lunch I heated up half of a Tofurky beer brat.  I put it on a whole wheat hot dog bun with some Nathan's mustard, pickles, and some sauerkraut. The texture was soft because I microwaved it, but I can imagine it toughening up to the texture of a real brat if I cooked it on the grill.  It had the perfect blend of spices.  I love how the company used Full Sail Ale to flavor the brats because it made it taste so yummy.  I didn't like the fact it was so high in fat, but when compared to the real thing the Tofurky had half the fat and 0 Cholesterol.  This will be great for the next Oktoberfest! 

Servings Per Package: 4, Serving Size 3.5 oz (100g) 1 brat, Total Fat 13g,  Calories 260, Protein 27g, Sugars 2g, Iron 10%

Ingredients: Water, vital wheat gluten, expeller pressed non-genetically engineered canola oil or hi oleic safflower oil, organic tofu (water, organic soybeans, magnesium chloride, calcium chloride), onions, spices, textured wheat protein, Full Sail Amber Ale (water, malted barley, hops, yeast), autolyzed yeast extract, carrageenan, garlic, konjac flour. 
 http://www.tofurky.com/tofurkyproducts/sausages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment