Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grocery Store Visit

I've been going to Whole Foods since starting my vegan crusade, so it's been almost 2 months. It was late last night and I needed to get some vegetables for a Soy Ramen soup I wanted to make for tonight. I went to the closest grocery store and I noticed I didn't smell the vegetables and fruit like I do when walking into Whole Foods. They were right by the door like in Whole Foods, but I couldn't smell them. Has anybody else noticed that? Not to mention the grocery stores are starting to get more dark inside as if somebody turned off half the lights. It's really bright in Whole Foods so I can see what I'm buying.

I started getting used to reading labels at Whole Foods and being able to recognize what the ingredients are. I looked at products at the regular grocery store and it was full of ingredients that I couldn't pronounce. It's so scary that I used to buy products and not know what I was really eating. I've started getting grossed out by products I used to eat all the time. Maybe it's because I broke my addiction.

I will continue to go to Whole Foods and other healthy grocery stores because most of their food is not chemically enhanced and I know what's exactly in my food.


No comments:

Post a Comment