Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Skin


What I've noticed lately with the cold weather is that my skin has gotten really really dry.  I'm not sure if switching to a vegan like diet is to blame or it could be a combination of things like *cough* aging.  Lately I haven't been eating avocados or anything with omega-3 fatty acids in it, so what I did was I added more flaxseed to my diet.  If I don't add some to my meals then I take a flaxseed oil pill.  It's very similar to what I used to take which were the fish oil pills, but I had an allergic reaction to those.  I also have been way better about putting on lotion where I never did before. 

So if you notice your skin is getting extra dry then you should try adding some avocados, nuts, oils, or anything else with some healthy plant-based fat into your diet.  

Whole Foods has a lot of natural body lotions you can find.  Be sure alcohol isn't on the top of the ingredients list because alcohol dries the skin.  There are lots of people who make natural and organic body butters and lotions on etsy.com as well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment