Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cooking Your Way Towards a Healthy Body

Cooking is the best way to get more nutritious foods for your body.  I have been doing way more cooking than I have ever done in my entire life.  I feel as though this is the main key to being healthy.  To think.....you know what's in your food because you were the one that put it all together.  I've been collecting vegan cookbooks to help me and I watch a lot of YouTube videos of people cooking plant-based foods. 

I know cooking your food takes time and planning, but it's so worth it if it makes you feel so much better.  A helpful tip is that you can cut up the food and prepare your food the night before.  You can put your food in a slow cooker all day and come home to a nice meal.  Make a chart for your week of meals and write the ingredients you need so when you go to the store then you know what to pick up.
 

Just a Helpful Tip to Resist the Bad Foods:
What keeps me away from getting fast-food, junk food, etc. is doing research on their ingredients.  It's pretty freaky what the FDA allows in our food that other countries won't allow.  I have a dish full of fun-sized candies that sits in front of me all day at work.  I used to eat at least 3 candies from it everyday......5 days a week.  Now that I know what's in it I can easily pass it up.  Just thinking about the toxins used in the candy freaks me out. Knowing what's in food will help you to resist the bad foods.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment