Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Mimi Kirk.....Guess How Old She Is



She is 72 years old! She recently won Sexiest Vegetarian over 50. She was born in 1938 before television was around. She talks about how portions used to be smaller and they would eat fresh foods. Then she talks about TV dinner trays coming out, but even then the portions were smaller than they are now. She also discusses her decision that made her change over to becoming vegetarian....then vegan...then to eating mostly raw foods. The best part is when she talks about aging not being the end and that you can still feel great even into your 70's.

She's very inspirational to me and makes me want to eventually give up the processed "meats" that I've been getting during my transition to eating vegan. I don't think I could go mostly raw in my diet, but I'm sure when I'm in my 60's that it might be more of an option for me. Until then I'll keep trying to stick with eating vegan as much as possible.

Here's another clip on YouTube of her being interviewed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdeC3OJJIzA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment