Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Easy to Make Blueberry Muffins


I am amazed how easy it was to make these yummy muffins!  It took about 30 minutes for freshly baked muffins to have for breakfast.  Not to mention the clean up was super easy because I only used one mixing bowl.  I got this recipe from vegweb.com.  It's amazingly yummy when it's fresh from the oven with some Earth Balance Butter on top. 

Very Simple Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups flour  (I used wheat all-purpose flour)
  • 1/2 cup sugar     (I mixed 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4cup white sugar)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder    (Find one that's aluminum-free...it's better for you)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup nondairy milk    (I used almond milk)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil     (I used a little less than 1/4 cup)
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries          
  • This isn't part of original recipe, but I sprinkled in some ground flaxseed to add more nutrients in the muffin
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  (recipe said 400 degrees, but I thought that was too high).  Place baking cups in a muffin pan.  (I used a cupcake pan)

2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Stir in nondairy milk and oil.

3. Fold in blueberries. Pour into baking cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.  (I left them in the oven for 25 minutes)

Makes: about 8 muffins, Preparation time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment